Research on Autonomous Cars

Research on Autonomous Cars

Postby kapoor.shivam.96 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:28 am

Hi everyone! I am currently researching which characteristics drivers would like to have in autonomous vehicles. It would really help if you could fill this quick survey! At the end of the project, I will share the results with you!
The link to the survey is below. Thank you very much!

https://goo.gl/forms/qG7A6L77Ozq5lw683
kapoor.shivam.96

Re: Research on Autonomous Cars

Postby Rick » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:25 pm

I'm allowing the link to your survey to remain on the site. While I'd like to encourage research in this field, I think your survey is poorly designed. The questions are definitely biased and are skewed towards providing a specific result.

I suspect that your survey will find most if not all people speed. While it is probably true, the questions are worded in such a way to encourage that result. I also think the survey designer appears biased towards wanting to speed when late for an appointment. In my view, the whole purpose of an autonomous car is to not allow driver override.

For example, if someone else is allowed to make his car speed, even if he is willing to take the liability in case of an accident, it makes driving for me less safe. I want the other drivers to have to fully obey the safest driving patterns.
Rick
Site Admin

Return to Self Driving Cars